Draft Profile: BioJaylen Moody from Conway High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Moody joined Alabama.
In 2018 as a freshman Moody saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 11 snaps at linebacker for the Crimson Tide. He recorded just 2 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
As a sophomore for the Crimson Tide in 2019 Moody played in 7 games and took part in 39 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded just 2 tackles, one assist, while adding no stops.
In 2020 as a junior Moody played in 8 games and contributed on 114 snaps. He recorded 12 tackles, 4 assists while making 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 5 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Moody logged playing time in 8 games and logged a total of 94 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He also added just 4 tackles, 4 assists, and 3 stops.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Moody logged playing time in 10 games and logged a total of 323 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He also added 36 tackles, 10 assists, and 21 stops. While in coverage Moody made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 105.1. As a pass rusher, he tallied 4 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Reads quarterbacks eyes and reacts quickly to targets in zone coverage.
- Moody has a compact build, but Moody is a crafty edge player who is very good against the run. He sets the edge and effectively wards off blocks with a strong core, powerful limbs, and natural leverage.
- He has violent hands and consistently breaks away and disengages from blockers. He’s instinctive, reading, reacting and locating the ball quickly, and finishing plays as an authoritative, wrap-up tackler.
- He has enough speed to chase and run in pursuit. He has the overall athleticism to hold up in space when dropping into coverage.
- He has ability as a blitzer, with the length and flexibility to get around the edge.
- Moody plays bigger than his listed size, with the functional strength and motor to take on and hold ground against much bigger blockers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Size will be a problem. Moody doesn’t have much in the way of take-on skills, struggling to shed once blockers get into his body due to short arms and a relative lack of upper-body strength.
- Moody lacks the ability to drop weight and anchor against the run, getting manhandled at the point of attack.
Jaylen Moody percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jaylen Moody (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank