Draft Profile: BioJaylen Moody from Conway High High School was rated a After high school, Moody joined Alabama.
In 2018 as a freshman Moody saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 11 snaps at linebacker for the Crimson Tide. He recorded only 2 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
As a sophomore for the Crimson Tide in 2019 Moody played in 7 games and took part in 39 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded only 2 tackles, one assist, while adding no stops.
In 2020 as a junior Moody played in 8 games and contributed on 114 snaps. He recorded 12 tackles, 4 assists while making 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 5 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Moody logged playing time in 8 games and logged a total of 94 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He also added only 4 tackles, 4 assists, and 3 stops.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Moody logged playing time in 10 games and logged a total of 323 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He also added 36 tackles, 10 assists, and 21 stops. While in coverage Moody made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 105.1. As a pass rusher, he tallied 4 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Reads quarterbacks eyes and reacts quickly to targets in zone coverage.
- Moody has a compact build, but Moody is a crafty edge player who is very good against the run. He sets the edge and effectively wards off blocks with a strong core, powerful limbs, and natural leverage.
- He has violent hands and consistently breaks away and disengages from blockers. He’s instinctive, reading, reacting and locating the ball quickly, and finishing plays as an authoritative, wrap-up tackler.
- He has enough speed to chase and run in pursuit. He has the overall athleticism to hold up in space when dropping into coverage.
- He has ability as a blitzer, with the length and flexibility to get around the edge.
- Moody plays bigger than his listed size, with the functional strength and motor to take on and hold ground against much bigger blockers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Size will be a problem. Moody doesn’t have much in the way of take-on skills, struggling to shed once blockers get into his body due to short arms and a relative lack of upper-body strength.
- Moody lacks the ability to drop weight and anchor against the run, getting manhandled at the point of attack.
Jaylen Moody percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jaylen Moody (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank