Draft Profile: BioDonovan Jackson from Episcopal High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Jackson opted to join Ohio State.
In 2021 as a freshman Jackson saw action in 10 games and played a total of 102 snaps for the Buckeyes. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at right guard, and the rest at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played in 12 games and a total of 757 snaps. He conceded 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He shows a good feel for combo blocks, and exhibits quickness and flexibility when moving to the second level, capable of sealing the back side on reach blocks
- Has considerable arm strength and grip that allow for some movement at the line of scrimmage, even though his overall strength may be average.
- He's a better than expected athlete who steadily improved in pass protection. He is stout at the point of attack and maintains a wide base.
- This player displays a strong leg drive that, while may not be physically imposing, can still create movement at the line of scrimmage, consistently putting defenders on the ground.
- He does a solid job as a hand fighter and also flashes the agility to get around and land blocks as a puller, even if balance might be a concern at times.
- He is an agile mover who puts his length to good use, using his hands aggressively and landing solid initial punches. He can move to the second level as a run blocker, with the coordination and balance to hit moving targets.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has good-not-great feet. Dealing with speed on the edge will likely be a problem, especially because he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than he is retreating as a pass protector.
- While not physically imposing, he tends to get his upper body over his feet too often and easily loses his balance.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
How other scouting services rate Donovan Jackson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank