Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 116 (NYG)
- Gets his hands in the passing lanes. Effort is mere in coverage.
- Tough between-the-tackles defender who shimmies past blockers to fill lanes. Downhill, aggressive run-stuffer with enough strength to stop ballcarriers in the hole.
- Has good balance and short-area burst to stay on his feet through contact
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Big, aggressive hitter who can lay the wood. Has good awareness to quickly locate the ball, keeping his eyes up and on point.
- Needs work on angles and· finding receivers in zone. Does not possess elite quickness. Fails to break down at times, grabbing shoulder pads and lunging to allow ballcarriers to elude him.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
How other scouting services rate Elerson Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank