Signed as an undrafted free agent by Atlanta Falcons
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Average quickness and power and his bull rush will be stonewalled. Comes off the snap high, losing leverage.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Only average lower-body strength and struggles to anchor at the point of attack. Bit of a defensive end/defensive tackle "tweener" who struggles in traffic with multiple blockers, not always using his limbs effectively to disengage.
- Has a good feel for the game with the anticipation and instincts to survive despite average at best size for an NFL defensive end.
- Has limited athleticism and range. Lacks natural explosion or first-step burst to consistently threaten the edge.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- Too aggressive and bites hard on misdirection. Could be a one-year wonder.
How other scouting services rate Eli Howard (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank