- More of a hustling pass rusher than an accomplished or natural one, he'll make his mark as a fifth or sixth defensive lineman.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Not overly flexible or loose. Limited, predictable pass-rush arsenal. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read-and-react skills.
How other scouting services rate Ellison Hubbard (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank