Signed as an undrafted free agent by New York Jets
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Grant Hermanns (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank