Signed as an undrafted free agent by New York Jets
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Hips are a bit high, arms are long, and waist is narrow, which limits his ability to anchor and turn. Not much of a pass rusher if there is not an open lane.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
How other scouting services rate Hamilcar Rashed Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank