Draft Profile: BioJJ Pegues from Oxford High School was rated a After high school, Pegues joined Auburn after being heavily recruited.
In 2021 as a freshman Pegues saw action in 13 games and played a total of 204 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 15 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 4 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
After season's end Pegues transferred to Ole Miss where as a sophomore for the Rebels in 2022 Pegues played 11 games and took part in 395 snaps for the Rebels. He recorded 16 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 15 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 26 total pressures, and 18 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 3 sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Pegues is strong enough in the lower body to hold up at the point of attack, and Pegues displays a good feel as a grappler in the phone booth, consistently getting blockers off-balance before sending them to the ground.
- Good weight-room strength, which translates onto the field in terms of his anchor.
- He explodes off the line with a quick first step, with agile feet to counter inside and closing burst to finish plays.
- He has a lethal spin move and the pure speed to close quickly.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- A compactly built, high-motor lineman, he brings a nice blend of power and quickness. Pegues shows impressive get-off, often exploding off the line and getting into gaps before blockers can react.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s a straight-line mover and tends to struggle to disengage from blockers due to a lack of ideal length.
- Pegues lacks suddenness as a mover, and Pegues isn’t going to do much in the pass rush when working one-on-one.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
How other scouting services rate JJ Pegues (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank