- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Hands could be much more violent when trying to gain control of the block. Does not hold his ground while facing a double-team; first instinct is to roll away to make a play, which can create a large hole.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
How other scouting services rate Taron Vincent (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank