Draft Profile: BioTaron Vincent from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Vincent joined Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Vincent saw action in 11 games and played a total of 100 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded just 2 tackles, no assists, while adding 3 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Buckeyes in 2020 Vincent played in 7 games and took part in 158 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded just 2 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Vincent played in 12 games and contributed on 370 snaps. He recorded 15 tackles, 5 assists while making 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 9 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks on the year.
In 2022 as a senior Vincent logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 455 snaps for the Buckeyes. He also added 12 tackles, 5 assists, and 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 14 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 2 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Quick footed with rare burst for his size. Very good quickness off the snap to split defenders and penetrate the pocket.
- High-effort, thickly built defender with good strength and the leverage to create a pile. Locates_ the ball quickly and pursues with passion, showing_ good lateral agility while extending the play to the sideline.
- Vincent plays with leverage and brings good power, especially in his lower body, consistently holding up against double teams in the run game.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
Taron Vincent percentiles vs other Defensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Taron Vincent (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank