Draft Profile: BioJa'Corey Brooks from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Brooks opted to join Alabama.
In 2021 as a freshman Brooks saw action in 12 games for the Crimson Tide as he made 15 receptions for 192 yards for an average of 12.8 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 110.8.
As a sophomore in 2022 he played 12 games and had 37 catches for 623 yards for an average of 16.8 yards per catch, with 7 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 124.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Brooks has an enormous catch radius and shows the ability to get low to dig out passes.
- He has strong hands and is extremely competitive, and Brooks has an innate sense of timing when it comes to elevating and high-pointing balls.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- When used downfield, he shows the ball-tracking skills and hand-eye coordination to make the adjustment on underthrown balls and back-shoulder throws.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Brooks fights his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not have elite speed to burn by defenders. Does not drop his hips to get in position while blocking and fails to take correct angles to his man.
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
- Brooks seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Brooks doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
How other scouting services rate Ja'Corey Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank