Signed as an undrafted free agent by GreenBay Packers
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Needs to do a better job of being the aggressor and tossing blockers aside.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
How other scouting services rate Jack Heflin (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank