Signed as an undrafted free agent by Pittsburgh Steelers
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Gets his hands in the passing lanes. Effort is mere in coverage.
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Tough between-the-tackles defender who shimmies past blockers to fill lanes. Downhill, aggressive run-stuffer with enough strength to stop ballcarriers in the hole.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Jamar Watson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank