- Possesses a long, lean, athletic body with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Long arms.
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Has smooth lateral movement skills with good foot quickness. First off the snap and sets quickly. Aggressive and extends his arms into contact, delivering a sharp punch.
- Struggles to get low enough to maintain leverage. Won't be able to cut more agile NFL linemen because he's not sudden and gathers before lunging.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Not a natural knee-bender and gets too upright. Needs to play with better leverage and stay balanced through contact.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
How other scouting services rate James Lee (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank