Signed as an undrafted free agent by Los Angeles Chargers
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- Plays upright and struggles with leverage. Too often stonewalled at the line and doesn't show the hand strength or technique to shed or redirect blockers.
- Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Jared Goldwire (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank