- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Has a good feel for the game with the anticipation and instincts to survive despite average at best size for an NFL defensive end.
- Has limited athleticism and range. Lacks natural explosion or first-step burst to consistently threaten the edge.
- He's active but his shorter arms and only adequate burst off the line render him a wave or sub-package player in the pros.
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Lacks ideal height, length and overall frame for the position. Short, doesn't have the chiseled body type ideal for the position.
How other scouting services rate Jarrod Hewitt (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank