Draft Profile: BioJasheen Davis from Shiloh High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Davis joined Wake Forest after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Davis saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 31 snaps for the Demon Deacons. He recorded only 2 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
As a sophomore for the Demon Deacons in 2021 Davis played in 13 games and took part in 456 snaps for the Demon Deacons. He recorded 17 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 19 total pressures, and 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 7 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Davis played in 12 games and contributed on 539 snaps. He recorded 19 tackles, 8 assists while making 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 36 total pressures, which included 23 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 7 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Davis has decent enough flexibility to bend the edge, and Davis shows a good closing burst.
- Has a solidly built frame with good upperbody strength and tenacity. Works hard to get to the ball. Plays fast with good initial quickness and closing speed to create havoc in the backfield.
- Tremendous explosion; accelerates low with power. Relentless blindside pursuit; tracks down ballcarriers across the field.
- He has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and he shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
- He is a high-motor pass rusher who shows a good feel for countering, and he has the functional strength to bounce off tackles and close on the quarterback with second effort.
- Davis explodes off the line with a quick first step, with agile feet to counter inside and closing burst to finish plays.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While Davis moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
- Is still a bit raw as a pass rusher and needs to diversify his repertoire of pass-rush moves.
- Davis lacks ideal length for an edge rusher, and he’d be on the small side for the interior with a little more room on his frame to add weight
How other scouting services rate Jasheen Davis (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank