Signed as an undrafted free agent by Miami Dolphins
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
How other scouting services rate Jerome Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank