Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 207 (NYJ)
- Big-bodied rusher with very good upper-body strength. Strong and stout at the point of attack with the measurables to occupy multiple blockers.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
How other scouting services rate Jonathan Marshall (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank