Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 239 (DEN)
- He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- Has fluid footwork to redirect, reverse momentum and close with a burst. Regularly first off the ball with good snap anticipation.
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
How other scouting services rate Jonathon Cooper (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank