Draft Profile: BioJordan Burch from Hammond High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Burch joined South Carolina after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Burch saw action in 8 games and played a total of 196 snaps for the Gamecocks. He recorded 14 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 4 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Gamecocks in 2021 Burch played in 13 games and took part in 334 snaps for the Gamecocks. He recorded 17 tackles, 7 assists, while adding 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 10 total pressures, and 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Burch played in 12 games and contributed on 698 snaps. He recorded 35 tackles, 26 assists while making 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 35 total pressures, which included 27 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Some teams will prefer him as a 4-3 Will, but Burch has a chance to hold up in the middle and be a good one.
- Burch shows good quickness off the line of scrimmage and flashes the violent hands to win around the edge.
- He’s a technically sound and consistent tackler, breaking down and wrapping up, with the length and power to swallow up ball carriers.
- He has good movement skills with decent range. And he proved capable of holding up in zone coverage and can be used as an effective A-gap blitzer.
- He’s a high-motor player, and he shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.
- Burch has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and he shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Hips are a bit high, arms are long, and waist is narrow, which limits his ability to anchor and turn. Not much of a pass rusher if there is not an open lane.
- . Burch doesn’t have elite take-on skills. He’s not a violent hitter, but more of a grab-and-drag tackler. He’s also limited in man coverage, and Burch won’t be able to run with athletic tight ends.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
How other scouting services rate Jordan Burch (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank