Draft Profile: BioJustin Wright from Cooper High School was rated a After high school, Wright joined Tulsa.
In 2018 as a freshman Wright saw action in just one game and played a total of one snap at linebacker for the Golden Hurricane. He recorded no tackles, one assist, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Golden Hurricane in 2019 Wright played in 3 games and took part in 13 snaps for the Golden Hurricane. He recorded only 2 tackles, one assist, while adding 2 stops.
In 2020 as a junior Wright played in 9 games and contributed on 620 snaps. He recorded 49 tackles, 13 assists while making 38 stops. In coverage Wright chalked up one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 77.2. As a pass rusher, he produced 18 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Wright logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 716 snaps for the Golden Hurricane. He also added decent 64 tackles, 17 assists, and 44 stops. While in coverage Wright made no pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 73.6. As a pass rusher, he tallied 13 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Wright logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 781 snaps for the Golden Hurricane. He also added decent 82 tackles, 24 assists, and 58 stops. While in coverage Wright made 2 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 64.5. As a pass rusher, he tallied 22 total pressures, which included 15 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Some teams will prefer him as a 4-3 Will, but Wright has a chance to hold up in the middle and be a good one.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Tough between-the-tackles defender who shimmies past blockers to fill lanes. Downhill, aggressive run-stuffer with enough strength to stop ballcarriers in the hole.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Wright lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. Wright lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Lacks functional strength in the pass rush, struggling to disengage and too easily pushed past the pocket.
How other scouting services rate Justin Wright (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank