Draft Profile: BioKeon Zipperer from Lakeland High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Zipperer opted to join Florida.
In 2019 as a freshman Zipperer saw action in 6 games for the Gators as he made 3 receptions for only 31 yards for an average of 10.3 yards per reception, with one TD, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 149.3. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 11 games and had only 11 catches for 145 yards for an average of 13.2 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 136.7. In pass protction he gave up no pressures and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
As a junior in 2021 he played 13 games and hauled in only 11 catches for only 133 yards for an average of 12.1 yards per catch, with no TDs, and a decent QB rating when targeted of 77.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Varies the speed of his route, using hesitation and shoulder fakes to get the defender guessing.
- Size limitations are obvious, but he's a tough pound-for-pound blocker.
- Good burst off the snap to quickly slip past.
- A savvy, reliable pass catcher with good body control and focus. Soft hands and has the hand-eye coordination to secure wild throws.
- Can effectively place a block on a pass rusher before starting route by sinking fluid hips and delivering a punch.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll also have to adjust to getting his head around to locate the ball on shorter routes over the middle.
- His ability to track the ball is good enough, but Zipperer too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
- Has only average size and strength and lacks an imposing frame.
- He’s not physically imposing. Zipperer is small-framed and won’t be able to carry much more weight.
How other scouting services rate Keon Zipperer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank