Draft Profile: BioKeon Zipperer from Lakeland High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Zipperer opted to join Florida.
In 2019 as a freshman Zipperer saw action in 6 games for the Gators as he made 3 receptions for just 31 yards for an average of 10.3 yards per reception, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 149.3.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 11 games and had just 11 catches for 145 yards for an average of 13.2 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 136.7.
As a junior in 2021 he played 13 games and hauled in just 11 catches for just 133 yards for an average of 12.1 yards per catch, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 77.2.
As a senior in 2022 he played 8 games and had just 13 catches for 177 yards for an average of 13.6 yards per catch, one TD, and QB rating when targeted of 89.0. In pass protection he gave up 2 pressures and no sacks.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Catches with his hands away from his frame. Strong hands to pull down the contested reception.
- Short with short arms for an NFL tight end. Has enough upper-body strength to fight initial jam at the line of scrimmage and has the speed and athleticism to burn defenders challenging him.
- Knee-bend and technique are good and Zipperer shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- Has smooth body control, reliable hands and natural ball skills to adjust to off-target throws and make impressive catch.
- Very good speed for the position. Has a second gear to accelerate. Big-play threat.
- Competes to the whistle. Good effort at both stages on combo blocks. Looks to help teammates downfield.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Zipperer also had problems with drops when coming back to the action. He has some issues against press coverage, sometimes spending too much time hand fighting at the line of scrimmage.
- Zipperer won't threaten the top of the defense.
- He’s a work in progress as a blocker, often playing too high and getting overpowered at the point of attack.
Keon Zipperer percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Keon Zipperer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank