Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 250 (CHI)
- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- Looks the part with natural size and filledout frame with good body thickness.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Flashes exciting burst off the snap to penetrate. Can slip through gaps with his get-off and is an intimidating force for quarterbacks to avoid.
- Surprisingly light on his feet and shows the ability to break down reasonably well to make the tackle in tight quarters against much smaller, quicker ballcarriers.
- Needs to do a better job of being the aggressor and tossing blockers aside.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Possesses excellent weight-room strength, although it doesn't always translate onto his play.
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
How other scouting services rate Khyiris Tonga (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank