- Has smooth lateral movement skills with good foot quickness. First off the snap and sets quickly. Aggressive and extends his arms into contact, delivering a sharp punch.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Moves well and squares to finish on the move. Better anchor than his height suggests and capable of absorbing a punch and recovering quickly.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Not a natural knee-bender and gets too upright. Needs to play with better leverage and stay balanced through contact.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Drops his head too often on contact, which causes problems against swim moves.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Nate Brown (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank