- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
How other scouting services rate Ray Thomas-Ishman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank