- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- Has the pursuit skills to stay in the action. Anticipates the snap. Country strong and very physical; seeks contact.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
How other scouting services rate Trace Ford (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank