- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Quick and nimble, light on his feet. Very athletic blocker on the move. Good slide and hand placement effectively shut down most speed rushers.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Very raw technique, playing with inconsistent hand placement fails to sustain blocks.
- Anticipates speed rushers attacking the edge and will over-set to the outside, leaving inside rushing lanes wide open for defenders to jab-step outside and re-direct through the gap.
How other scouting services rate Tristan Schultz (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank