Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 197 (NE)
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Good initial quickness to seal defenders, with powerful hands to jar with an initial punch. Flashes a mean streak and enjoys the physicality of the game.
- Anchors well and plays with the low center of gravity and natural bend to seal the inside lanes. Has violent hands with hustle to close off bubble screens and lead to flatten linebackers. Nasty demeanor and highly coachable.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Has the agility, technique, and size to contribute early in his professional career. Quick, active hands to latch on to defenders.
- Has only average measurable with limited arm length and no overpowering qualities.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
How other scouting services rate William Sherman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank