Signed as an undrafted free agent by Cincinnati Bengals
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Antonio Phillips (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank