- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
- He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.
- Relentless and strong off the edge as a pass rusher when fresh. Gets under the pads of tackles to bull rush them into the backfield.
- Not an elite athlete with average functional strength and size. Lacks the length to fend off blocks and can be too energetic and lose his angle. Doesn't have a natural position at the next level.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
How other scouting services rate Austin Conrad (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank