Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 200 (NYJ)
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Has legitimate NFL-caliber cover skills. Has a quick, low backpedal with a fluid hip turn to cover receivers down the field.
- Very good athleticism and flexibility. Has plus speed for the position and a second gear with good recovery speed to make up for missed plays.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- He's not a tenacious tacker and plays the position with a wide receiver's mentality.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
How other scouting services rate Brandin Echols (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank