Draft Profile: BioBrennan Armstrong from Shelby High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Armstrong opted to join Virginia.
In 2018 as a freshman Armstrong saw action in 3 games for the Cavaliers as he threw for 62 yards on 5 attempts with a completion percent of 40 for an average of 12.4 yards per pass, with one TD, while taking no sacks, and a QB rating of 126.7.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in 5 games as he passed for 196 yards on 20 attempts with a completion percent of 75 for an average of 9.8 yards per pass, with one TD, while also taking one sack, and putting up a QB rating of 82.5.
As a junior in 2020 Armstrong played in a total of 9 games. He passed for 2114 yards on 269 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 58.4 for an average of 7.9 yards per attept, with 18 TDs, and allowing 19 sacks, with a QB rating on the year of 88.7. As a runner he logged 107 runs for a total of 677 yards at an average of 6.3 per run.
In 2021 as a senior Armstrong saw action in 11 games as he threw for 4429 yards on 502 attempts with a completion percent of 64.7 for an average of 8.8 yards per pass, with 31 TDs, while taking 36 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 105.1. He added 63 runs for a total of 476 yards at an average of 7.6 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
How other scouting services rate Brennan Armstrong (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank