Draft Profile: BioD'Shawn Jamison attended Lamar High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.950, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Jamison opted to join Texas after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Jamison saw action in 12 games and played a total of 606 snaps at cornerback for the Longhorns. He recorded 29 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 14 stops. In coverage Jamison notched up 3 pass breakups, 3 interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 74.1. He added 7 total pressures, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 10 games and logged 630 snaps for the Longhorns. He made 31 tackles, 3 assists, and had 8 stops. In coverage he totaled 5 pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 81.7.
In 2021 as a junior Jamison played in 12 games and contributed on 670 snaps. He chalked up 45 tackles, 6 assists, and added 14 stops. In the secondary Jamison forced no pass breakups, one interception, and gave up an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 131.1.
In 2022 as a senior Jamison saw action in 11 games while playing 550 snaps. He logged 21 tackles, one assist, and made 6 stops. In coverage Jamison had 7 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 57.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Instinctive, adept at reading routes and anticipating throws, and strong in zone coverage.
- Flashes good ball skills. Jamison has the fluidity and change-of-direction ability to mirror quicker receivers underneath.
- Tracks and plays the ball well, and has decent hands for the interception. Provides very tight man coverage with playmaking ability in zone.
- Has the quick feet to mirror receivers underneath. He also has the fluid hips and top-end speed to turn and run downfield. Jamison shows good awareness when dropping into zone coverage, with good route recognition and the ability to break quickly and cover a lot of ground.
- Explodes out of his backpedal and has exceptional closing speed, showing excellent timing and the ball skills to come up with the interception.
- Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Runs with the ball exposed. Has boom-or-bust qualities.
- Better in press coverage than in off coverage, when Jamison can look shaky and unsure when transitioning out of his backpedal. He’ll give up throws underneath.
- Feet aren’t ideal, as he gets sloppy in his backpedal and can be sluggish when transitioning to close on the ball.
D'Shawn Jamison percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate D'Shawn Jamison (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank