Signed as an undrafted free agent by Jacksonville Jaguars
- Plays the ball as if it was thrown for him, showing burst back to the ball as well as good timing for the jump ball.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme.
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- He's not a tenacious tacker and plays the position with a wide receiver's mentality.
How other scouting services rate DJ Daniel (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank