Draft Profile: BioDeMonte Capehart from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Capehart opted to join Clemson.
In 2020 as a freshman Capehart saw action in 4 games and played on a total of 18 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded one tackle, no assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2021 Capehart played in 4 games and took part on 21 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Pops off tape due to his explosive first few steps. While powerful, doesn't rock the guard/ center back with his upper-body strength or explode into tackles.
- Quick footed with rare burst for his size. Very good quickness off the snap to split defenders and penetrate the pocket.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Flashes an explosive burst and can surprise better overall athletes with his ability to get upfield. Has a closing burst when given a free lane. Has the frame to consider moving inside
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- Has the initial burst off the snap but only phone-booth quickness overall and doesn't make as many plays behind the line of scrimmage as his ability to penetrate would indicate.
How other scouting services rate DeMonte Capehart (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank