Draft Profile: BioDeMonte Capehart from IMG Academy High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Capehart opted to join Clemson.
In 2020 as a freshman Capehart saw action in 4 games and played on a total of 18 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded one tackle, no assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included 2 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2021 Capehart played in 4 games and took part on 21 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Capehart shows good initial burst, staying low and capable of penetrating through gaps early in the down.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Combines excellent power with initial quickness, but one of his best attributes are his violent hands, which Capehart uses with impressive precision.
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
- His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and he displays a very good motor.
- He can dip around the edge, using quick, heavy hands effectively to ward off blockers. Capehart has outstanding range when he has to chase in backside pursuit, displaying surprising range for a player his size.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- As a pass rusher, his hand use is inconsistent. He’s short on counter moves in the pass rush.
- Plays high and with poor balance and power. He’ll lose ground at the point of attack, and Capehart doesn’t get the full benefit of his length.
- Capehart remains a bit raw, as he is inconsistent with his hand use and lacks violence in his hands
How other scouting services rate DeMonte Capehart (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank