Draft Profile: BioDorian Strong from Dr. Henry Wise High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Strong opted to join Virginia Tech.
In 2020 as a freshman Strong saw action in 8 games and played a total of 417 snaps at cornerback for the Hokies. He recorded 19 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 5 stops. In coverage Strong notched up 4 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 70.3.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and logged 649 snaps for the Hokies. He made 26 tackles, 3 assists, and had 8 stops. In coverage he totaled 7 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 76.9.
In 2022 as a junior Strong played in 4 games and contributed on 201 snaps. He chalked up only 8 tackles, 2 assists, and added one stop. In the secondary Strong forced 3 pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 74.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Fluid mover with decent speed and his length allows him to cover effectively downfield
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Strong has solid ball skills.
- Can get up under a receiver’s chin and has the speed to flip his hips and run downfield. Strong has the quick and surprisingly powerful hands to jostle receivers early. But he’s at his best peeking into the backfield.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Tracks the ball well and has the natural ball skills for forcing turnovers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Has poor recognition skills when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position
How other scouting services rate Dorian Strong (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank