- His strength up and down the line of scrimmage, and quickness for his size, make him a mid- to late-round target.
- Excellent hustle-and-chase tackler. Good closing speed with change of direction to corral mobile quarterbacks.
- Lacks the size to compete as a traditional defensive tackle and is a projection to any other position.
- Coordinated with smooth movement skills. High-effort rusher and works through the whistle. Relentless worker, fighting off blocks and battling to the ball.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- Average size, strength and lacks the bulk in his upper and lower body to hold up on the line. Not a sudden athlete. Very ordinary flexibility and fluidity; not overly explosive and lacks the speed to threaten the edge. Plays upright with limited power to disengage _and is not overpowering in any aspect.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
- Too aggressive and bites hard on misdirection. Could be a one-year wonder.
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
How other scouting services rate Elijah Ponder (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank