Draft Profile: BioHunter Luepke from Spencer High School was rated a Following high school, Luepke joined North Dakota State.
In 2019 as a freshman Luepke saw action in 14 games for the Bison as he ran for just 40 yards on 5 attempts for an outstanding 8.0 yards per carry, with one TD, with one fumble. As a receiver he made just 11 receptions for 96 yards.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 6 games. and rushed for 464 yards on 85 carries for an excellent 5.5 ypc, with 6 TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 4 receptions for 37 yards.
In 2021 as a junior Luepke saw action in 13 games for the Bison. He ran for 543 yards on 87 attempts for an outstanding 6.2 ypc, with 8 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just 9 receptions for 165 yards.
As a senior in 2022 he played in 10 games and ran for 628 yards on 97 carries for an outstanding average of 6.5 ypc, with 9 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he had 14 receptions for 196 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
- Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
- Underrated blocker. Cognizant pass defender who is willing to meet a linebacker in the gap.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Luepke won't threaten the top of the defense.
- Needs to show better patience to allow blocks to develop and is too often running up the backs of his blockers. He isn't naturally explosive as a runner and lacks elusiveness in the open field.
- His playing speed is less than elite. Luepke won’t run past defenders like Luepke did at the college level.
Hunter Luepke percentiles vs other Fullback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Hunter Luepke (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank