Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 133 (NO)
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Shorter than ideal and isn't physically imposing in any way.
- Strong enough arm to make basic throws but has only average overall arm strength.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
How other scouting services rate Ian Book (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank