Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 121 (JAX)
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Tough between-the-tackles defender who shimmies past blockers to fill lanes. Downhill, aggressive run-stuffer with enough strength to stop ballcarriers in the hole.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- He does not have the elite straight-line speed or quickness, but his strength and pass-rush ability.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Hips are a bit high, arms are long, and waist is narrow, which limits his ability to anchor and turn. Not much of a pass rusher if there is not an open lane.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
How other scouting services rate Jordan Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank