- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Is a gifted athlete with an impressive frame and a lot of raw ability. He needs to get stronger to do more damage at the point of attack and is very unpolished with the mental aspect of the position. Streaky instincts and anticipation.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Has inconsistent read/react skills with streaky awareness when asked to drop in coverage. Is like a bull in a China shop with his aggressive style of play, causing him to play undisciplined and overpursue.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
How other scouting services rate Jordan Strachan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank