Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 144 (KC)
- Naturally explosive player with decent get-off speed. Balanced through contact and stout against double-teams. Tackles through the ball. Versatile and has the body type to play many roles.
- Has a quick burst off the line and times the snap well. Good upper-body strength and length to lock-out his opponent and at least moderate lateral agility to slide inside or spill out to contain.
- Good not great quickness and change of direction agility. Chases, using a long spin move to clear blocks. Low, strong off the line.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change-of-direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backward off the snap.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
How other scouting services rate Joshua Kaindoh (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank