Draft Profile: BioJulian Fleming from Southern Columbia High School was rated a 5 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Fleming opted to join Ohio State.
In 2020 as a freshman Fleming saw action in 8 games for the Buckeyes as he made 7 receptions for 74 yards for an average of 10.6 yards per reception, with no TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 38.6.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 8 games and had 12 catches for 86 yards for an average of 7.2 yards per catch, with one TD, and a QB rating when targeted of 69.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Fits a zone system, can sift through oncoming traffic and explode through tiny creases and cutback lanes. Elite, darting stop-and-go acceleration. Dangerous in the open field.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Has rare suddenness with lightning footwork to create in tight areas with elusive shiftiness and change-of direction skills.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Julian Fleming (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank