Draft Profile: BioJustin Flowe from Upland High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Flowe joined Oregon after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Flowe saw action in just one game and played a total of 2 snaps at Linebacker for the Ducks. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Ducks in 2021 Flowe played in one game and took part in 65 snaps for the Ducks. He recorded only 5 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 2 stops. In coverage Flowe made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 146.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a natural in coverage, with the movement skills of a defensive back in man coverage against tight ends.
- Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #76. He wrote, "The 6-2, 245-pound 20-year-old is super explosive. Flowe looked like a star in Oregon’s season opener last year against Fresno State, making 14 tackles and forcing a fumble to earn Pac-12 freshman of the week honors before injuring his foot. Flowe, though, has bounced back from the season-ending injury and hit 21.75 MPH. He also has deadlifted 605 pounds and power-cleaned 335."
- Flowe has good quickness and an excellent understanding of angles, often beating blockers to the spot.
- An instinctive run defender who is quick to read and react, Flowe is consistently in the right spot at the right time.
- He can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- Good athlete. Shows a natural feel for pass rushing. Very good lateral agility to shake pass blockers.
- Flowe has excellent awareness in zone coverage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While Flowe has the take-on skills to be a 4-3 Mike, he’s probably better as a Will so he can maximize his range and speed.
- As explosive as he is as an athlete, he needs to become a better finisher.
- Flowe is on the small side, and his frame is pretty much maxed out. Despite his effort and intensity, he’ll simply get swallowed up at times.
How other scouting services rate Justin Flowe (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank