- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Marginal height, which will prove more of a detriment in an offense that asks him to drop back from center more often.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
- Lacks poise in the pocket and abandons his reads too quickly. Takes too many chances.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
How other scouting services rate Kaleb Eleby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank