- Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Erratic passer who struggles with consistent ball placement - has a tough time fitting passes into tight windows.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Marginal height, which will prove more of a detriment in an offense that asks him to drop back from center more often.
- Slight frame with limited room for additional growth. Possesses an average arm that forces him to wind up to drive the ball longer than 15 yards.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
How other scouting services rate Kevin Thomson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank