Draft Profile: BioKey Lawrence from Ensworth High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Lawrence opted to join Tennessee after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Lawrence saw action in 6 games and played a total of 105 snaps at cornerback for the Volunteers. He recorded only 4 tackles, 4 assists, while adding one stop. In coverage Lawrence notched up one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 57.6.
After the end of the season he transferred to Oklahoma where as a sophomore for the Sooners in 2021 Lawrence played in 13 games and logged 461 snaps for the Sooners. He made 31 tackles, 13 assists, and had 10 stops. In coverage he totaled 3 pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 97.9.
In 2022 as a junior Lawrence played in 10 games and contributed on 399 snaps. He chalked up 41 tackles, 13 assists, and added 15 stops. In the secondary Lawrence forced 4 pass breakups, one interception, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 102.1.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tough in run support and works hard to get off blocks. Hard-nosed player who attacks the run and doesn't back down.
- He’s tall-framed with long arms to match. With his powerful hands, straight-line speed, and fluidity in his hips, turning and chasing downfield shouldn’t be a problem.
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Very good in run support, an aggressive tackler, and capable of breaking down and securing tackles in space.
- He’s also very good in zone coverage, showing a great understanding of routes and the ability to close quickly.
- Willing in run support, coming downhill quickly when Lawrence has a chance to make a play.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- He’s a little bit tight and straight-line-ish as an athlete, and Lawrence struggles when he has to mirror quickness.
Key Lawrence percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Key Lawrence (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank