Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 145 (JAX)
- Excels finding soft spots in zone coverage and using his large frame to shield defenders.
- Soft, reliable hands center the big target for quarterbacks. Shields the defense and will let the ball into his pads to protect it when about to absorb a big hit over the middle.
- Knee-bend and technique are good and he shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- Good body control to reach back for the pass behind him. High-points passes and has good vertical, timing and hand-eye coordination in jump-ball situations.
- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Isn't agile for a tight end. Might have real trouble getting open at the next level.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Possesses only average straight-line speed and is a bit stiff as a route-runner, showing only average flexibility and burst out of his breaks.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
How other scouting services rate Luke Farrell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank