Draft Profile: BioMJ Sherman from St. John's High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Sherman joined Georgia after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Sherman saw action in just one game and played a total of one snap for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2021 Sherman played in 10 games and took part in 97 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded just 3 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 3 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Sherman played in 9 games and contributed on 42 snaps. He recorded just one tackle, no assists while making one stop.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- One of the true straight-up edge burners in this draft class, Sherman has the kind of skill set NFL teams covet in an edge rusher.
- Sherman locates the ball quickly, and he shows good instincts when dropping into zone coverage.
- Shows a burst to close. Flashes explosive hitting ability and good lateral and downfield pursuit.
- Sherman has the fluid movement skills and speed to turn and run in coverage against tight ends.
- Big, aggressive hitter who can lay the wood. Has good awareness to quickly locate the ball, keeping his eyes up and on point.
- He’s an explosive mover who plays an aggressive, physical style. He’s extremely instinctive playing the run, and when he was at his best he showed sideline-to-sideline range.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Sherman is so eager to get upfield that Sherman often abandons responsibilities against the run.
- He has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
- Often avoids blocks to survive between the tackles, which gives backs running lanes. Sherman will jump at hesitation routes.
How other scouting services rate MJ Sherman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank