Draft Profile: BioMJ Sherman from St. John's High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Sherman joined Georgia after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Sherman saw action in just one game and played a total of one snap for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2021 Sherman played in 10 games and took part in 97 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded only 3 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 3 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Sherman played in 9 games and contributed on 42 snaps. He recorded only one tackle, no assists while making one stop.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Sherman flashes the take-on skills and functional strength to play the middle of a 4-3.
- He has violent hands and consistently breaks away and disengages from blockers. He’s instinctive, reading, reacting and locating the ball quickly, and finishing plays as an authoritative, wrap-up tackler.
- His fluidity and speed allow him to cover a lot of ground when dropping back into zone, and Sherman is capable of turning and running with tight ends.
- Has the combination of size and athleticism worthy of development.
- Sherman shows good speed and closing burst when blitzing.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Locates the ball but takes circuitous routes to go get to it. Should use power and long arms to take on and disengage from blocks. Inefficient with his angles.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but Sherman takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
MJ Sherman percentiles vs other Outside Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate MJ Sherman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank