Draft Profile: BioMJ Sherman from St. John's High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Sherman opted to join Georgia.
In 2020 as a freshman Sherman saw action in one game and played on a total of one snap for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2021 Sherman played in 10 games and took part on 97 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded 3 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 3 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Works hard to get better and gives top effort on every play. Heads-up defender who shows good field awareness.
- Will stiff-arm linemen to stay free on some plays. Athletic enough to stay with running backs out of the backfield and knock receivers off crossing routes.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- Has good balance and short-area burst to stay on his feet through contact
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Often engulfed by NFL-caliber tackles due to his lack of height. Must improve consistency in beating cut blocks.
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
How other scouting services rate MJ Sherman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank