Draft Profile: BioMalachi Corley from Campbellsville High School was rated a After high school, Corley opted to join Western Kentucky.
In 2020 as a freshman Corley saw action in 5 games for the Hilltoppers as he made 6 receptions for just 65 yards for an average of 10.8 yards per reception, with no TDs, and just QB rating when targeted of 34.3.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 14 games and had an outstanding 73 catches for 684 yards for an average of 9.4 yards per catch, with 7 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 99.3.
As a junior in 2022 he played 13 games and hauled in an outstanding 90 catches for an outstanding 1168 yards for an average of 13.0 yards per catch, with 9 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 123.6.
As a senior in 2023 he played 10 games and had 68 catches for 905 yards for an average of 13.3 yards per catch, 10 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 115.0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Corley runs precise routes, showing an innate feel for setting up defensive backs to create separation.
- He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and Corley shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws.
- He was frequently put in catch-and-run situations, and he shows good vision with the ability to make tacklers miss in space. He’ll also break a tackle or two; he’s extremely competitive and will give effort as a downfield blocker.
- He has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. Corley has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Corley really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
- Physically, Corley profiles as a guy who should have success facing the quarterback, but he struggles to gear down and make the necessary sharp cuts to create separation underneath.
How other scouting services rate Malachi Corley (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank